mrpip

Sunday, February 26, 2006

BoringBack Mountain

I went to see Brokeback Mountain on friday. I wanted to see what all the hype was about.

The hype I heard was things like being nominated for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor type shit.


Best Picture? Well here is an official synopsis, which should have warned me:
"
Two young men -- a ranch-hand and a rodeo cowboy -- meet in the summer of 1963, and unexpectedly forge a lifelong connection, one whose complications, joys, and tragedies provide a testament to the endurance and power of love"

Anything with "provide a testament to the endurance and power of love" sounds pretty fucking wishy-washy to me.



I didn't see alot of this power of love though, unless you mean sneaking out a couple time a year for a mountain fling is a testament to love.


The one dude didn't want to risk moving in with the other guy cause he thought they'd be murdered. uh... wouldn't risking your life be a better testament to love than sneaking around behind your wife's back?


Not much of a story, they have unhappy marriages, and don't seem to have many friends. Wow real interesting and brave material.


As for best actor? Nothing wrong with either of their performances except nothing is easier to pretend to be than a typical retard cowboy! Just grunt a few words under your breath and thats it. Kissing a guy takes guts, but I dont think they hand out oscars for that...

or do they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home