mrpip

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Why do end up with Shit?

UPDATE!!

The toshiba laptop I wrote this blog on broke (would not power up). I took it back. Big fucking surprise. I am now the proud owner of a plain-jane Acer. Go Acer!!


It's depressing to think about all the crap I've bought that I've had to return. And i usually buy the "good stuff" to avoid crap. There is no such thing as the "good stuff" when I buy it. I will include all electronics I've bought, good and bad.
Lets start in 98
  • Bought a handbuilt computer ($1500) off a roommates friend. Kept crashing. Needed new video card. Still kept crashing, turned out to be the network card. Less than 2 years later, the motherboard fried, also destroying the processor. Also destroyed another processor when testing. cd drive stopped working within a month as well.

  • Bought new motherboard and cpu. didn't work with my system. returned it. Used the roommates computer for a while.

  • Bought premium Voodoo computer (for like $2800) in order to not have problems. Right. Crashed whenever using notepad of all things. NOTEPAD! Had to have it fixed (1-2 weeks).

  • Bought a $500 cd burner when they were new, 6 months later it only made coasters. exchanged it (luckily i had extended warranty)

  • bought top of line cl audio card. Caused my games to crash. returned it.

  • bought external drive enclosure, didn't work. returned it.

  • bought toshiba TV, had red distortion, returned it. bought another, it has same problem, but its too much of a hassle with a small car to return it again.

  • bought lite-on dvd burner, it wouldnt even read the dvds it came with!

  • bought absolute top-of-line 22" CRT monitor online for $1200 (i didnt wanna risk getting a lemon,bought the good one)! within a year image distortion, had to have it shipped at my expense to ontario ($100) got refurnished unit instead. had to wait 3-4 weeks.

  • bougth brand-name boxed ATI radeon video card for $300. within a year its memory melted. sent away for warranty work.

  • bought toshiba dvd recorder. first movie, it skipped chapters. returned it.

  • bought sony laptop. keyboard broke. returned it.

  • bought compaq laptop. burnt out pixels. returned it.

  • bought top-of-line toshiba laptop.burnt out pixels. kept it (got tired of returning things)

  • bought RCA mp3 player.menu system didnt work (could not get to main menu). returned it.



    I hate buying stuff, no kidding 75% percent of the stuff i buy does not work correctly. It uncanny how bad my luck is. I do have some good buys though... my toshiba dvd player, lg lcd, toshiba projector, kenwood receiver, sharp tv. but 5 out of like 25 aint that impressive!


  • 1 Comments:

    At 9:58 AM, Blogger Mr. Big said...

    Dude....you have the worst luck ever!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home