Why was Avatar a good movie?
I just saw Avatar a week or so ago. My expectations before seeing it went like this:
- it'll be good because of James Cameron
- it'll suck because the story seems pretty weak and predictable
- it'll be good because of the what reviewers are saying about the visuals (people suffering depression over how lame the real world is?)
I really enjoyed the movie despite it being so predictable. When you think about it lots of movies are predictable. It was one of those movies that just have a feeling/aura about it. It did a good job in never wavering from its simple story, it didn't have any "dumb" moments that I was expecting. Maybe its because you're so busy just looking at the world of Pandora, I don't know. It didn't shy away from killing off alot of main characters either.
There's not many movies I look forward to seeing twice, but Avatar's one of them.
Good job James Cameron!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home